Sometime plugins break when new updates installed. Assuming it’s not due to a plugin conflict, the following steps can be taken to resolve the issue.
- Clone production website to staging.
- Roll back plugin to previous installed version from WP Engine’s backup.
- If roll back workaround fixes the issue, apply on production.
- Resync ManageWP and ignore new update to prevent it from breaking
- Followup with plugin author with details on what’s happening with the new version and steps to reproduce.
- Once fix has been released, attempt on staging then install on production.
- Removed ManageWP ignore on broken version.